- TOP 5 WAYS TO GET YOUR KIDS TO EAT VEGGIES
1. Add greens to your fruit smoothies. We have food this probably the best way to get some of the healthiest greens such as Kale and spinach into their daily food. They love the smoothie and we then play a game of guess the ingredients. If they don’t like the color green add some berries to your smoothie disguise them.
2. Plant a vegetable garden with your child. Or just put a small cherry tomato plant in a pot in a sunny spot in the yard. When children become part of growing what they eat, from personal experience they tend to enjoy the preparation and eating of that food more
3. Let your child help choose fresh vegetables when you’re shopping and then prepare meals together with your children (for example, younger children can wash, and older ones can chop vegetables for stir-fry dishes and salads). The more they are involved, the more they enjoy
4. Set out a plate of raw vegetables or a salad of cold, cooked vegetables before the meal – the time when your child is hungriest. Keep a bowl of baby carrots in the refrigerator for a quick and handy snack, or put some kale chips in a plate. When kids are hungry it might just surprise you what they put into their mouths. To increase their interest add a healthy veggie dip like hummus or guacamole.
5, Disguise veggies in baked goods. This may seem odd but it is especially good for the pickiest veggies eaters, you can pop some veggies into sweets without anyone noticing: Here’s a few examples. Substitute white-bean purée for some of the butter in cookie recipes; bake a package of frozen spinach into brownie mix (Tastes Great!); add shredded zucchini or carrots to healthy muffins and breads; purée some carrots and squash in cakes; or mix pumpkin into pancake batter. We use their sweet tooth and trick them..hehe
And don’t forget PERSISTENCE. There is plenty of evidence to show that children will not try a new food until they have been exposed to the food up to 10 times. So keep it up and keep it fun!!